Wait…Wait…Wait…Wait… and Wait

     When we got married, January, 1982, it was the coldest day on record. When we retired last week, Maryland had the most snow in a single storm since record keeping began. Is there a trend here?

     We have the keys to the 5th Wheel and spend the day at the dealer learning  how to use all the gadgets. However, although the County plowed our street, they did it with a front-loader that left a wall so high, we would not have been able to maneuver the 5th wheel into our driveway.

     Therefore, we have to wait another week for the snow to melt.

     In the meantime, we are moving forward. We are giving half our possessions away or to Purple Heart. We bought a hot spot for the RV for areas where there is no WiFi, and we are cleaning up the house for moving out. The oil tank has been filled, the water treatment system has been serviced, the septic system has been pumped, the cable, phone and internet are being disconnected. We are ready!

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans

     The good news is that the 5th Wheel has arrived at the dealer and they are preparing it for delivery to us. We went to the dealership, saw and touched it. The dealer left it out in the rain, and it grew in size.

     The plan is to do the inspection and orientation today and actually pick it up Saturday morning. The reason is that I have never driven a tandem or trailer vehicle. Although I have driven may types of firetrucks, none have been a hook and ladder, since there are no buildings needing that reach in Fallston. We will be taking our new truck and 5th wheel to the Fallston High School parking lot Saturday morning and practice driving and backing up. I need to back it into our driveway. I had a 50 amp electric outlet installed in our garage so I can get power to the 5th wheel. If you want to have some laughs, you can meet us at the High School.

     The bad news is that a winter storm is approaching and will be dumping 2 feet of snow. Not thinking it wise to take these vehicles out for the first time in a snow storm, we have postponed the pickup until January 30th.

     The plan now is to practice on Saturday, and hopefully be able to back it in our driveway. Sleep in it Saturday night, and fully stock it on Sunday, sleep in it Sunday night and leave Monday morning for our 5 year journey.

     I will post on Monday, if we are still alive.