The site of Lake City, Florida, was a Seminole village named Alpaca Telophka meaning “Alligator Village”. By 1830, a Euro-American town called Alligator was established, adjacent to the Seminole town. The city was incorporated and changed to its current name in 1859 because the mayor’s wife, who had recently moved to the town, did not like the name. Obviously, he was not a very strong mayor.
Tallahassee, Florida to Lake City, Florida: 97.6 miles
2 hours 9 minutes