The site of Lawrenceburg was settled in the early 1780s by a German immigrant named Jacob Kaufman and was first called Kaufman’s or Coffman’s Station. The post office was established as Lawrenceburgh on January 22, 1817, for William Lawrence, a local tavern owner. The community was incorporated as Lawrence in 1820 but renamed Lawrenceburg in 1827.
The reason we came to Lawrenceburg was to eat at the River Watch Restaurant, a floating restaurant on the Ohio River.
While eating dinner
we were able to observe the activity on the Ohio River.
We walked the Lawrenceburg Levee Walk, built April 26, 1999 and came across this tribute to First Responders: